Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The girls' room

With baby sister on the way any week now, Michal and I have been hard at working preparing the girls' (now plural!) room for the new arrival to our family. It actually started with completely swapping the guest room/office with the baby room to allow for some more space.


We had fun assembling Brielle's new bed, picking out some fun play rugs for the girls to play on, finding a nice cubby to hold toys and books, and hanging some new drapes on the window. Here's a shot of Brielle's bed in the corner complete with butterfly blankets from Grandma!


A flower collage for the wall designed by Brandon


A view of the changing table and rocking chair with new drapes. This was the old closet space with sliding doors -- removing the doors wasn't too challenging but they were heavy!


After all that hard work though, Brielle found a nice house on the market on her own in one of the nearby playgrounds and she seems pretty happy with it.




2 comments:

Erin Gibbons said...

I love the girls' room! I have been thinking about how to do Emily's room in our new house, (purple walls, somehow they seem to inspire wanting to make it a cute room,) and I love your collage! It's similar to a mobile I was going to make and your collage gives me good ideas! Good job, your girls are going to love it! (Brielle is adorable with that big smile, does she ever not smile?!)

Bonnie Gutzman said...

That is such a cute room! Is Brielle already in a big kid's bed?! Also, I'm pretty sure my husband would be the one to come up with the pink wall art, too, if we had girls. ;) He's much more crafty/imaginative than me...Good luck with the next few weeks and bringing another little girl into the world!