Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Assorted photos and thoughts

Today I figured out how to transfer photos from my phone to my computer directly without doing any weird upload to a cloud network.

These first two were taken back in March when we were helping to clean the church. Brielle and I were doing windows and she liked helping when she wasn't whining for a snack or to be held.



These next two were from a picnic we went to last month with some of Brandon's co-residents. One family had this little car toy that Brielle loved. It was nice because the parent handle allowed us to push her without having to bend over.



And this one was taken today at playgroup. Her cute hair is courtesy of my awesome VT who watched her while I was at the service station getting our car inspected. She only sort of ran through the water spraying on the slip-n-slide and then spent most of her time playing on the playground and this little house someone put outside there. I had one almost exactly like this when I was little and I remember playing with it all the time and loving it.

She liked opening and shutting the door and shutters best, saying "hi" and "bye bye" each time.

We are trying to get everything squared away before the arrival of baby sister in August. With Rebecca's help I managed to make a car seat canopy and it turned out fine despite my very limited sewing skills. I made a calendar with jobs to accomplish each week until I'm 35 weeks, after which anything left undone can be addressed as time allows. (Things like "clean up bedroom", "wash baby clothes" and "decorate nursery".) I don't know if this baby will come early or not; my OB so far isn't worried since I don't have any symptoms of pre-term labor. Of course, I didn't have any last time either until 24 hours before Brielle arrived!

Brandon will officially end his 2nd year of residency on Sunday! We're excited for the tiny pay raise and the extra month of outpatient work. He's been working so hard lately and still managing to help prepare and teach our Primary lessons, work on our family history, spend time with Brielle, get his fellowship application ready, run two research projects, putting together a new bed, and countless other wonderful things! We so love and appreciate him. Happy Father's month Daddy!

2 comments:

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

Fun photos of helper Brielle! I like the one with her hand in motion. She looks so cute and "at home" in the little house. And it sounds like Brandon has been busier than normal lately and I love your calendar of things to accomplish before week 35. Brandon always mentions your class and how fun it is =-) glad to hear your canopy turned out! love, mom p

bekahjr said...

fun! I didn't realize you were pregnant again, I have been very absent from the blogging world. We are too! Due in Sept with another little boy. We always seem to be pregnant around the same time (=