Since I'd spent the whole previous week in the DC area and Brandon was all alone, I went back to Charlottesville in time for the 4th of July. After a lovely Fast Sunday, we had BBQ chicken, corn on the cob, watermelon, and blueberry crumb squares to eat then went to a nearby park with Neil and Rebecca and Kaden to watch the fireworks. We didn't have the up close view, because it would be too crowded at the park where the fireworks were actually launched, but we got some nice shots and had a great time. Kaden slept through the whole thing!
We feel so blessed to live in a country of freedom and opportunity. I'm sure as we continue to learn about the history of our new home, we'll only increase in appreciation for all that the founding fathers and early Patriots did for our country and us future generations.
1 comment:
I'm impressed by your fireworks photos! Your menu for the 4th sounds delicious. And we are all so blessed to live in this blessed land--may we never take our freedoms for granted.
love, carol
Post a Comment