I got to meet up with Ashley, Leah, Julie, and Anna in New York City while they were on their annual girls trip! Once the kids headed off to school, I took the train and it was a very pleasant trip! We ate lunch at Jacob's Pickles, then walked through Central Park, picked up some Levain bakery cookies visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art, then went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child!
Ashley made these cute bracelet sets for us
lots of pickles!
At the entrance to the Egyptian temple inside the museum....it was fun to see it in person since I'd recently read a book that talked about it!
Loved all the beautiful art! This was a Van Gogh I hadn't seen before
beautiful Flight into Egypt by Henry Ossawa Tanner
This was so huge! Probably as big as my living room wall!
The play was amazing! Lots of cool effects, I'd like to take the kids to see it sometime. At intermission you could order snacks from your phone and they would deliver it to your seat in record time!
It was late by the time we got out of the show. But of course the city streets were crowded and lit up as bright as day! We made it back to the hotel and rearranged the furniture in the tiny room so I could lay out the air mattress I'd packed in my suitcase! It worked out great and we all slept fine. The next morning we walked a lot! We had originally thought to take a river cruise to see the fall colors, but not many trees had turned yet, so instead we headed out to get New York bagels, then walked through more of central park, visited the New York Public Library, window shopped, browsed the American Girl Store, ate tacos at Los Tacos No. 1 (so delicious!), got some Doughnut Plant donuts and then back to the hotel so I could get my stuff. I headed back to the train station and had enough time to grab some famous banana pudding from the Magnolia Bakery!
Beautiful mural outside our hotel, the artist was in the process of painting another one on the other side of this courtyard
My bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwich was delicious
Famous Creme Brûlée donut
Guttenburg Bible
Christopher Robin Milne's original stuffed animals that inspired the Pooh Bear stories
Original Signed copy of Frederick Douglas's book "My Bondage and My Freedom"
Charles Dickens's writing desk and chair
It was a fun trip I'm glad I got to go!



No comments:
Post a Comment