Saturday, March 30, 2019

Spring is coming!

The Snow has been pretty good for the ski resort, so my friend Kasey took me with her guest pass! It was so fun to get back on my skis (I really can't remember the last time I went), and I decided this was my birthday gift to me! It worked out nicely since it's only 35 minutes away, the girls were in school, and we only stayed a few hours so Carter only had to be at a friend's house for a little while. 


For my birthday the girls had the day off school so we went to the circus!

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people sitting

It was fun to see the tigers, bears, high ropes, jugglers, tight rope, balancing acts, acrobats, and the motorcycles in the cage! My favorite was the graceful high ropes performers and the balancing act where the girl did a handstand on tiny platforms and used her feet to shoot a bow and arrow at a balloon! The kids liked seeing the animals and getting cotton candy! For dinner we went to Red Robin to get my free birthday burger which was very good this time, and ice cream and a song. Carter was so cute to say "Happy Birthday Mommy" several times throughout the day. Lily also recruited all the neighbor kids to make cards for me which was a sweet surprise!

I got to be the leprechaun in Primary on St. Patrick's Day. I had my back to the kids while they sang and passed a gold coin around. If they weren't singing well enough I'd turn around quickly and try to catch who was holding the coin!


For Symphony we partnered with many local talented singers to perform Jesus Christ Superstar. They did such an amazing job. The full symphony and rock band was on stage, so the singers only had about 6 feet of stage to work with, but they pulled it off brilliantly. The guy who played King Herod was so funny, and the Judas was super talented. Here's a few photos, you can see me in the background of some of them since I sit up front. 

Image may contain: 8 people, people standing

Image may contain: 6 people

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people dancing, people standing, night and shoes

Image may contain: one or more people, people on stage, crowd, concert and indoor

I got a makeover! In preparation for our symphony black tie gala, a gal from my Partners in Medicine group said she could do my makeup so she came over to practice. She worked some kind of magic!


Carter at the gym in the foam block pit


The Elementary School's "Celebration of Cultures" international fair is always a big hit. We had to go to the bake sale first. The girls chose cake pops in their school colors. I got some delicious baklava, and we brought Brazilian brigadeiros to sell. They were cleaned out quick!


Carter and I waited outside in the cold wind for at least 30 minutes to get dinner from the Taco Truck. He just kept bouncing and he was totally fine! The girls and Brandon watched various ethnic dances and performances until the food was ready


They also got to make some Chinese Spring festival lanterns. They turned out so cute!


There were dozens of booths with information about a country. The Ireland table was fun with this leprechaun photo op!



The Symphony Golden anniversary Shall we Dance benefit Gala was a success! It was fun to get dressed up, have a delicious meal, play some fun ballroom dance music and then dance to the big band.




No comments: