February 4 was Lily's half birthday. For some reason both of the girls got excited about it, so Brielle got up early and she and Brandon made a banner while I started making cupcakes. I tried a new technique to make swirly rainbow frosting which turned out so cute! Even though I was grumbling at first, it turned out to be a fun little celebration.
It started snowing around 11:00 and by the time we were heading to church, the roads were getting bad. We tried to make it, but our tires were so worn out we had no traction on the hills! We literally were inching along up one hill, then by the next we were worried we wouldn't make it so we pulled of the road and called for help. The EQ president left ward council to come rescue us. He took me and the kids home, Brandon stayed with the van until roadside assistance came to help get him safely out. We all ended up being fine! But it was definitely an adventure and I got new tires as soon as the roads were clear!
For Valentine's, we had a fun dinner; Brandon bought balloons, flowers and gifts for the girls and I made beef wellington and we had pink sparkling grape juice in fancy glasses :)
Later that week the kids were all sick. Poor things!
They seemed to rally a bit, so we took them to a YW babysitting fundraiser at the church so we could go to dinner and my symphony concert. We actually had to cancel our dinner plans because our conductor called for a sound check before the performance. It was a nice concert though, lots of gypsy-inspired orchestral music and some fantastic violin soloists! We raced back to get the kids afterwards and they had done great. However, on the ride back home Carter threw up twice in the car! What a night! They all got feeling better shortly after that, but we were glad we had celebrated Valentine's on the actual day, because the weekend date did not turn out as expected!
In February I got to be the room mom for Lily's class. I got to read stories a few time which we all had fun with, and I planned games and treats for the Valentine party. Then there was Western Day. I dressed up and read some cowboy stories. It was fun seeing all the kids dressed up, some of the boys had mustaches drawn on and it was hilarious! Lily was a cute little cowgirl too!
No comments:
Post a Comment