Brielle was very excited to start first grade! She woke up early and got all ready with time to spare for her bus. It's a long day for her, but I'm glad there's two recesses, lunch, and something special like art or library each day to change things up.
She came home with a crown she colored herself, I think it's going to be a great year!
Lily rarely wants her pictures taken, so when she asks to, I don't turn her down!
Without Brielle to play with her, she's been doing lots of color by numbers. She's very thorough and is always asking me to print off another one!
One day after Brielle left for school, we met up with some friends at HersheyPark. It was so nice since the crowds were gone and the weather wasn't too hot. I was able to get Carter onto the small carousel ride even though he's technically too short teehee
Lily was brave and went on the frog hopper and the Coal Cracker since she had friends wanting to do it. I think she hated both of them, but I'm so proud of her for trying and stepping out of her comfort zone.
A few weeks later it was time for Lily's first day of preschool! She could have gone to kindergarten, but we decided we'd rather her be older once she starts going all day in the public schools. She's very excited to go to Hilltop just like Brielle did.
Carter and I now have some time to ourselves each morning! We do playgroup, institute, shopping, and story time to keep us busy.
1 comment:
It's terrific the girls are so happy to be going to school!
Post a Comment