Monday, March 27, 2017

March fun

March came in like a lion with a huge snowstorm the week of my birthday! Between the snow cancellations and scheduled parent teacher conferences, Brielle only went to school one day that week! The snow was so deep it was hard for them to get up the hill to sled, but some neighbors helped make some good sledding paths. That night we made snow ice cream for a treat!




Brandon and the kids made sure my birthday was special despite the spring-killing weather!
They made a delicious layered oreo brownie dessert like the ones Brandon brings home from his work conferences (dubbed Oreo dream bars!)


 I got some fun holiday earrings and Panda bear slippers from the girls and beautiful flowers from Brandon! I also got an Instant Pot from Mama which has been fun to try out, and some Amazon money that I used to get a UV blocking sun hat, new makeup and a new shirt for myself! Thanks for making my birthday great! I pretty much have felt the same age for the past 10 years, so we'll just stick with that teehee

On St. Patrick's Day we went to the Crayola Experience! It was super fun and there was so much to do we didn't get to everything! We'll have to go back sometime.

Crayon making machinery



Coloring on iPads then their creations got projected up onto the wall




The biggest blue crayon in the world!


Dancing on the Crayola floor!

Cool melted wax spin art


So much to color!

Carter had a lot of fun in the toddler area




This was a few days later. I had left him with his lunch and then wondered why it was so quiet in the kitchen!

Brielle's school had a week long international fair where they learned about different countries and cultures. We went on the family night and got to visit lots of country displays, watch ethnic dances, and eat some yummy burritos!
Transplanted to Ecuador!


One morning Brielle wanted to do some milk toast painting. She worked so hard to use all the colors of the rainbow; though I think at the end it was too milk soggy to be edible haha!



3 comments:

Mama Judy said...

What a glorious couple of months March and April were!
I've never painted toast...need to try that!

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

I've never painted toast either! What do you use to get the different colors? Crayola experience looks like a lot of fun-Carter seems to want to bring one of the pillars home with him =-) Your brownie dessert sounds yummy-it's interesting what cardiologists get at conferences.

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

and the school cultural pageant sounds like fun--love the Ecuadoran people you can join for a photo!