Thursday, November 15, 2012

Halloween 2012

I've delayed posting this because I had planned to dress the girls up again and take better photos.....but it never happened.
I bought Brielle's costume on clearance last year, and then we coordinated with her. Our friend who's a "fiber witch" (her words not mine) whipped up the cutest little wolf hat for Lily. We were late getting to the ward party and trunk or treat, so all the chili and pie was practically gone by the time we got there. However, we did get to enter the costume contest and won best family costume! All right!
One friend even said she didn't recognize me and wondered who that old woman was with Brielle ha ha!


Halloween night we went trick or treating at the "Lawn" on UVA grounds. It was like being in a slow moving cattle chute, but it's high yield and by the end Brielle could say "trick or treat" and "thank you" with reliability. At first she wanted to hold each piece of candy in her hands, but then realized she'd have to use the basket. We let her have one piece and she loved it! We started walking home and stopped for pizza and ice cream on the way. Brielle was in heaven! By the time we got home it was too late for the typical bath, but we did manage to brush her teeth before throwing her in bed. :)

 "more please"

 "I'm done with this one"

the loot plus her little pumpkin

Lily modeled several festive outfits, I love the monster one!




This is what happens when I try to get a picture of them together. We went to the Olan Mills studio the other day and they were a little more successful, but it's tough!


I tried to carve an Elmo pumpkin for Brielle. I think I'll leave the fancy/complicated designs to Brandon, I'm better with jack o lantern faces!

His pupils fell off, I think that's one reason it looks so weird....and his smiling mouth looks more like a mustache to me!

It was lots of fun seeing Brielle understand the concept of trick or treating and dressing up. Now she sees the Halloween book Grandma and Grandpa got her and says "Halloween" and then looks for her favorite parts....the skeleton ("hi Bones!"), the ghost ("Boo!") and the pumpkin guts ("eww mess!")
Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Shawn and Megan said...

I totally knew your pumpkin was Elmo before reading it :) You did a great job!

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

Thanks for sharing all the adorable photos! Brielle is perfect as Little Red Riding Hood. All of you are perfect for your characters too--Brandon as the handsome woodcutter, Michal as the pretty and perky Grandma, and Lily are the ferocious and adorable wolf--love the snout on her hat! Sounds like Brielle wants to control her assets (at least the candy ones) and that's a great story about her holding the candy, learning to use the basket, and enjoying her piece at the end as well as the pizza and ice cream.Lily's cute in the monster shirt and looks like she has a secret in the Mommy's little pumpkin shirt. And the candid shot is a hoot! love, mom p =-)