Thursday, November 29, 2012

Giving Thanks

Thanksgiving this year was a treat since our friend Leah came to visit! We had a fabulous time taking her to the various Cville sites: UVA grounds and rotunda, Monticello, the frontier heritage museum, the new movie theater, and the downtown pedestrian mall. Brielle loved her new friend and that she got to spend so much time with Tate (we were sharing Leah with Greta!) Thanksgiving day we watched the Macy's parade and had yummy food with Neil and Rebecca and Maria and Taylor and all the kids. I didn't take a single picture the entire week! Boo! I did make a pretty pumpkin pie with a decorative crust, but you'll just have to take my word for it. Brandon unfortunately had to work all that day :( we are grateful though that this means he'll have lots of time off at Christmas! Truly we have been so blessed and give thanks for all that we have.

Now it's time for the Christmas season Hooray!
Lily kicked it off by mastering a new skill:



And we started decorating the house! Here Brielle and Lily show off their Christmas tree (with many of the ornaments from my own childhood!) and their coordinating outfits:


We were also grateful to receive the news that Natalie will be joining our family! I'm afraid we were asleep when Eric called to tell us, so we probably didn't sound as enthusiastic as we truly are. Best wishes to the happy couple, so glad that the Peterson clan is growing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited to see a tree in the girl's room! Joy!

Anonymous said...

Good for Lily... although, she doesn't sound as excited about rolling over as you are :-)

Sean and Jennie said...

Go Lily! She is so cute in that video and getting so big! I love the picture of the girls together in their room, I used to have a tree in my room growing up too and I think I will start putting a tree in Mr Brett's room, maybe next year=)