Thursday, April 26, 2012

Easter 2012

We had a fun Easter this year! Brandon had to work on Easter Sunday :( but luckily we saved some leftovers for him.

 Decorating cookies. Brielle's "helping".

Some of the best ones, including Neil's perfect Easter bunny cookie!
 
 Finding the eggs during an indoor hunt

 Easter morning we made "Resurrection rolls" with a marshmallow inside that disappears after baking, leaving the hollow empty (like the tomb) and delicious! I also shaped our dinner rolls into "Bunny Buns" for the occasion.

 Various angles of the Easter ensemble. Yay for $10 fancy dresses!



The Easter feast! Ham, funeral potatoes, roasted asparagus, rolls, deviled eggs, raspberry mousse, and Rebecca brought a delicious raspberry layer cake! Cute Easter table decorations provided by Trudy for my Birthday! I loved them!

And below is the Easter egg hunt and performance of a little song Brielle likes to do the hand motions to.



3 comments:

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

Wow! Those cookies look so perfect and delicious! Looks like Brielle had a great "haul" on the inside hunt. I love the Resurrection rolls--have to remember to make those for a Primary class or something and the Bunny buns too. Brielle is a lovely model showing off her pretty dress. And loved the video--she is a careful and persistent egg hunter! and it was fun to see Brielle's motions anticipating the upcoming words in I'm So Glad When Daddy Comes Home! What a special treat! love, mom p

Sean and Jennie said...

What a cute dress! I am so impressed with your sugar cookies, I am so not patient enough for those kind=) I'm so glad we got to see the song even though she didn't want to do it for us on skype the other night.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm, I wish I'd been there for Easter dinner.

Fun to see Brielle sings faster than you, too, not just me!

Love the video.
Mama/Judy