Sunday, August 21, 2022

Summertime!



 We took a trip to North Myrtle Beach. We had a blast!







Snuggling Daddy


Making Father's Day French toast


We love Daddy!


After Father's Day breakfast we checked out of our hotel and headed to the airport. It took a lot longer to get there than we anticipated, plus getting gas and dropping off the rental car, we were just a couple minutes late to the ticket counter. The agent said we were too late, they wouldn't take our luggage and we would miss the flight because it was about to board. I begged them to give us a few minutes of grace but they didn't. It was so upsetting! They didn't have any other flights that day (actually not for a few days, Allegiant only flies certain days). So we had to get tickets on American. After waiting four more hours in the airport, taking a flight to Charlotte for a layover, then boarding another flight, we finally made it home. 


Fun at HersheyPark and Laurel Lake




I was so excited that after two years of pandemic restrictions we could perform at the Med Center for the Fourth of July. Unfortunately, two days before the concert I got Covid! My symptoms weren't terrible but I couldn't be around people for five days. I was so disappointed to not play, especially since our section was short on musicians! Brandon and the kids were fine the whole time (I kept a mask on at home and distanced myself, Brandon and I slept in different beds) so they went to the concert and the ward breakfast the next day. 




Because I was sick we didn't get around to our normal berry picking outing, so we made our flag dessert with store bought berries. Still turned out yummy :)


We got to dog sit for our bishop's family; he is a cavalier/poodle/bichon mix named Duke! Lily has really turned a corner and now loves dogs. She used to be terrified of them! She loved walking and playing with Duke and was even a good sport about cleaning up after him. Brielle (who used to moan and draw comics about how sad she was we wouldn't get her a dog) was not too thrilled about the cleanup aspect of pet ownership :) she did have fun playing with him too. Carter was very nervous and usually locked himself in the office with the computer when Duke was around. He is a sweet dog and behaved very well! His full name is Duke Kaboom (like from Toy Story 4) and he will jump up for a treat when you say "Kaboom!" He went home at night since the bishop was home in the evening. Lily wishes we could get a dog of our own....I think dog sitting is the way to go!


Pool time with friends


The girls and I saw the touring Broadway production of Anastasia! Still some of the better songs from the movie, plus some extra ones, and they made the historical context as well as the villain more believable than the crazy undead Rasputin. We had great seats right in the middle, but there was a really big and tall guy in front of me so I could only see the sides of the stage! After intermission we moved to a block of empty seats to the side. That was more pleasant, although then we couldn't see the very edge of the stage during the second act quartet musical number. It was a lot of fun though, I'm glad we went!


We took two of Lily's friends to HersheyPark and we had a blast! 


The Sweet Swing, always a favorite!

Brielle and the young women on their way to camp!


Brielle had a great time and her leaders sent us photos throughout the camp

preparing breakfast

learning to Salsa

group photo!

Lily and Carter went to the library to read to dogs and cats! Lily loved it. Carter was very cautious, but warmed up to the animals. When we got home, he wanted to read books to the guinea pigs!



Kids night at Red Robin...love those free Sundaes!


The kids had a piano recital, we started with a new teacher at the beginning of the summer and it's going well! Video below!



Brandon and Brielle got to go to the temple with the youth again! It was a great experience for her!

Here's the kids' piano recital:




And some summer video highlights:














No comments: