Friday, September 21, 2012

Brielle's 2nd Birthday

Brielle had a great 2nd Birthday! Daddy had the day off so we spent some time celebrating!
The day before, we went to Red Robin to claim her free Birthday Kid's Meal! She gobbled down all her macaroni and cheese and used her spoon the whole time! She was thrilled to get a balloon and her own ice cream sundae. 



On her birthday, she slept in until 7:30 which is a record for her. (She actually woke up earlier at 5 something, but we just put her straight back in bed). She was pretty excited to see the dining room decorated with streamers and balloons and to have candles on her cinnamon roll.



Around lunchtime, Kaden, Neil, Rebecca, Alexis, and Grandma Carol came by to play, open presents, eat pizza, sing, and have cupcakes and ice cream!
Brielle really liked all her presents. Kaden liked handing her the presents and helping her to open them :) I wish I could've been recording when she opened some of them. The way her eyes and face lit up to see some of her favorite characters (Elmo and Rapunzel) in toy form was priceless. I'll just have to keep it in my memory and hope she does it again at Christmas time when I'll be prepared.



We'd been practicing blowing out candles, but she still struggled a little bit. She was pretty excited the whole time. Happy birthday to our big 2 year old!


4 comments:

Darrell & Carol Peterson said...

Sounds like Brielle loves Red Robin! And I love her idea of putting your birthday candles in a cinnamon roll!! loved watching her blow out her candles--well done, Brielle! what a great name plaque too love, mom p

Erin Gibbons said...

I don't think I've ever seen a little one so exuberant and excited for their birthday! She was a doll with how excited she was! I love those little puffs of blowing out the candles that two-year-olds do :) Happy birthday Brielle!

Ian and Bonnie Gutzman said...

Yay! Happy B-day Brielle! It's so fun when they are old enough to enjoy their birthday, huh? Where did you get the Brielle puzzle? That's so cute.

Sean and Jennie said...

She is so cute! I agree she looks so big and GORGEOUS! I think you guys might be in trouble in about 14 years=) What a great job blowing out the candles!