Friday, February 13, 2009

An amazing woman

One of my coworkers (okay, she's my semi-boss) is also an only child so we were talking about that a little bit. We were discussing how great it was, and that you do miss out on some things, like learning how to play well with others or resolve conflict. Luckily for me, I've been blessed with pseudo-siblings, but most of all with a wonderful mother. As a single child of a single mom, you might think I'd be missing some important parts of growing up; but I never felt deprived or cheated in any way, because my Mama is such an amazing woman. I'm glad that she let me play dress-up, encouraged me to practice my instruments, taught me how to make choices, showed me how to work hard and have fun at the same time, inspired me with her patriotism, threw me elaborate birthday parties, made adventures out of road trips, let me chase my own dreams, bore her testimony through the way she lived, loved me above almost all else, told me stories and helped me love reading, came up with my best school projects, trusted me to do the right thing, and much much more. She is my heroine, my role model, and my best friend.

Not only is she beautiful, intelligent, loving, and a leader and example to others, but she is incredibly creative and energetic. She has a lot going for her, but I think its her creativity and energy that have been instrumental in building her career, raising a daughter, and serving others: all very successfully. I'm so proud of her and in awe at the same time.

Today is my mom's birthday and I feel so blessed to have her as my mother. Happy Birthday Mama!




(no pictures today...the most recent pictures of my mom are from the wedding 2.5 years ago; it was a wonderful occasion, but the lighting was bad on most of those pictures so they don't look that great. I guess that's not much of an excuse since everyone fixes everything in Photoshop now, but my skills are pretty limited in that area)

1 comment:

J and L said...

Yeah, we think your mom is pretty great too! Tell her happy birthday from us!!
J, L, and T